I love baking and at the same time I love sharing my recipes to family and friends. Let's face it though sometimes, you'll need a LOT of ingredients to make one simple pastry! That's why today, I am sharing a very simple 3-ingredient recipe using a well-known and loved chocolate spread!
|Gianduia Sandwich Cookies|
If you haven't heard of Nutella then you probably live under a rock. Half of this recipe consists Nutella and I tell you, it is one of the best cookies I ever made! Simple but it can also be fragile.
Yield: 16 cookies
1 cup Nutella
1 large egg
1 cup self rising flour
Note: If you can't find self-rising flour then just take a cup of flour, add 1 and a half teaspoons of baking powder and half a teaspoon of salt.
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
2. With an electric mixer, combine 1/2 cup Nutella and egg. (use a dough attachment, not a whisk)
3. Sift your flour atleast 3 times then slowly incorporate with the nutella and egg mixture. This will form a dough.
4. knead the dough then roll it into 16 balls. Flour your hand if necessary. Some say their dough ended up sticky, mine did not.
5. Place them on a parchment lined baking sheet then bake for 12 minutes.
6. Let them cool for about 10 minutes.
7. Once cooled, take a sharp serrated knife and carefully split the cookies in half. You need to do this gently or you'll break the cookies. It is best to find a "crack" then carefully insert your knife and cut slowly.
8. Spread a generous amount of nutella.
Serve and enjoy!
tip: only add the nutella when you're about to serve these cookies.
try it, yes?