Pageviews

Mga Pahina

Monday, October 15, 2012

Eat Out: Maitre Chocolatier


My affair with chocolate is bittersweet, I can't survive a week without it but it gives me a good and long migraine session after over dozing myself with it. My Husband and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary last weekend and he had me plan our "food date" good for 2 days. When we visited Singapore last 2010, my sister-in-law's good friend brought us to a chocolate cafe/store named Max Brenner. If you are a chocoholic, you'd probably know that there are branches of the said store here in the Philippines. I instantly fell in love with the Singapore branch (they had a k-pop star-looking server that night as I recall, haha) BUT when we tried the one at Greenbelt, I was completely disappointed :(

I've also heard of Chocolate Fire thru facebook and I've thought of adding it to my "itinerary" but something else caught my attention.

Maitre Chocolatier is the first boutique cafe in the Philippines, with branches in Manila, Cebu and Davao, offer a wide array of High Quality, well known European Chocolate Brands. All they had to do to get me drooling and rush to their store is to mention "Ferrero" and "Lindt"

Don’t call yourself a Chocoholic if you haven’t tried out our European Chocolates such as Ferrero from Italy, Ritter Sport and Stork from Germany, Frey, Lindt and Villars from Switzerland, Valor from Spain, Hamlet and Guylian from Belgium, Revillion from France and so on.  We offer Various Flavor and form of chocolates: Dark, White, Milk, Almond, Hazelnut, Spicy, Crunchy, Sugar free, No Sugar Added, Coffee, Chips………………name it, we should have it
There are two basic kinds of Chocolates: Compound Chocolate, which has "More Additives" and Couverture Chocolate, which is "Purer and contains a Higher Concentration of Cocoa Beans and Cocoa Butter".  The European brands that we offer are the latter one.  With the higher contents of cocoa, these chocolates carry many "Good Nutrition Facts" to your body.

Yes Herbert, they're good for me! :) 

their cute counter! They also had a "white" chocolate version of these tiles, forgot to take a picture.
Chocolate Corner

They also offer "savory" dishes which are of course  infused with high quality European chocolates! We'll definitely have to go back and try those dishes!

Sweet Revenge, Lindt molten lava cake P195
The best seller is their Golden Euphoria made with ferrero chocolate but I chose this one instead because I absolutely love dark chocolates. I'll try the other one on our next visit. 

Sweet Revenge is made from Europe's finest Lindt excellence dark 70%, filled with oozing sweet and vengefully spicy chocolate lava served with vanilla ice cream. - Gone in a few minutes! The serving was "supposedly" good for 3 persons, I think it was good for just one big chocoholic known as myself.

Churros sticks with Lindt dark chocolate dip - sorry forgot the price of this one :(
We'll definitely be back for more!
Visit Maitre Chocolatier at:
2A, No. 28, Jupiter corner Astra Street,
Bel Air, Makati City, Metro Manila

or visit their webiste:
http://www.m-chocolatier.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! Please await moderation before your comment shows up! <3