Pageviews

Mga Pahina

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Tutorial: Simple eyebrows #1


I've been obsessed with eyebrows for quite sometime. I can skip eye make-up but never my eyebrows! I have a love/hate relationship with my own probably because I have a scar on my right eyebrow which made the outer half raised. To get the right set is a must (for me since I'm obsessed with it, I often check people's eyebrows 'cause I'm crazy like that) if you want to frame your face well when doing make-up.

I finally gave up and went to BrowHaus to have a classic eyebrow threading. I should have done that a long time ago since I am so in-love with what they've done to my eyebrows! 


I'll be doing two tutorials for eyebrows since some people use brow pencils while others (like me) use powders or wax/cream. I'll start with a pencil since it is easier to use and you can get affordable but durable ones.

bare eyebrows
I KNOW you've heard the saying "your eyebrow's color should match your hair" well, that was BEFORE. The current trend is to go 2 shades lighter if you have dark hair while you can go 2 shades darker if you have light hair. But if you feel like you MUST match your hair and eyebrows then no one's stopping you.

Step 1: outline your eyebrows. As you can see on the image above, I skipped lining the inner part since I'll be blending the color on that part to make the look a bit more subtle.

Step 2: Fill in with light & gentle strokes. 

Step 3: With a small angled brush gently blend the colors in, making sure that there aren't any harsh lines and that all gaps are covered. make tiny upward strokes on the inner corner.

Step 4: Brush it in place with a clean mascara wand brush.

 Done! image with flash.
without flash
daylight

very easy! you'd often see this kind of look on celebrities (only that they make it much more darker).

So here's a little review on what I used:
As weird as it may sound, I don't own an eyebrow pencil because as I've said before, I don't like it that much. I am much trained to use powders or wax which I'll blog about soon. Anyway! I got this Style My eyebrow in brown gray from The Face Shop for about.... 150 pesos, I think!

Pros:
- Easy to use
- The color that I bought is suitable for most skintones
-affordable
- pigmented
-not harsh/hard on the skin

Cons:
- fades easily on me (after a few hours) well, that might be because I have oily skin.
- non-auto. I  need a sharpener.

Swatch:

I hope you like and find this tutorial informative! I am so sorry that it took me a month to update, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! Please await moderation before your comment shows up! <3