(photo taken from my instagram)
Good chocolate chip cookies for me are soft, chewy and not too sweet. In supermarkets I only buy one specific brand for these cookies, it's soft batch by Keebler. I got my husband and youngest brother hooked by simply putting it in the microwave oven for 10 to 15 seconds or until the cookies are hot and the chocolate chips are about to melt-yum!
I have tried baking chocolate chip cookies many times before, I was not happy with the result so I kept on searching for good recipes half hoping that Mrs. Field's cookie recipe will show up! If you have been following my blog, you probably saw my post regarding the Browneyedbaker's website. I have been following her recipes and sometimes adjusting them to my personal taste. I saw her blog about chocolate chip cookies wherein she promised that her recipe will give me soft, thick and chewy cookies! I knew I had to givenit a try and am glad I did!
If you love crunchy, thin chocolate chip cookies, this recipe is not for you.
Yield: 18 large cookies
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
6 tbsps melted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 large egg
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 325 F
2. In a bowl combine the flour, salt and baking powder. Mix well
3. On a second bowl Whisk the butter and sugars together. Once completely combined add the egg and vanilla extract.
4. Add the flour mixture.
5. Fold in your chocolate chips.
6. Line your pan with parchment paper then roll balls of the mixture (about an inch and a half in diameter) placing them at least 2 inches apart.
7. Bake for 18 minutes.
8. Let it cool in the pan for about 2 minutes before moving the cookies to a cooling rack.
The chocolate drizzle is optional but if you want to do the same thing, take 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and melt them in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds, use a fork to drizzle them on top of each cookie.
Serve and enjoy! :)